Wednesday, October 27, 2010

All Grown Up.

I'll let you in on a little secret...
With the exception of the rare spinach-based salad, I have never made a salad with anything but iceberg lettuce.
Not that iceberg lettuce is bad by any means, I've just learned that it doesn't really fit well with some types of salad.
So, this week, I expanded my salad horizons and made, what I consider, a grown up salad.


I have no idea what besides spinach was in this mix I bought, but it said organic, and it looked fancy so I went for it.
The rest of the ingredients were based off of The Pioneer Woman's Steak Salad, which is based off of the steak salad from Dave and Buster's.
Mine included: Mixed greens, tomatoes, pecans, 5-cheese italian blend, blue cheese dressing, steak, fresh ground pepper, and PW's Onion Strings.
It was fantastic, and actually it was my first steak salad ever. 
Oh how I have grown since iceberg lettuce and Kraft singles.
(Again, not that that is not tasty in its own right.)
Want me to prove how (else) I've grown?


Ahh, birthdays. You get to eat cake, and someone else does the baking. Nothing wrong there!